Buenos Aires, Argentina (Sep 07, 2013) -- Tokyo to Host 2020 Summer Olympics (Games of the XXXII Olympiad). The President (Jacques Rogge) of the IOC (International Olympic Committee) announces the 2020 Olympic Bid winner (Host city) on Saturday (September 07) at 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Among three finalists / bidders (Istanbul, Madrid & Tokyo), Tokyo (Japan) has been elected to host the prestigious sports event in the summer of 2020.
|[Picture by IOC] Jacques Rogge, the President of the International Olympic Committee announces the 2020 Olympic Games Host city as Tokyo.|
Following are the details about bidder cities:
|2020 Olympic Bidders / Candidate Cities|
- Advantages: Low Budget, Many of the stadiums are ready, to Establish Olympic village near (10 km) to the city.
- Disadvantages: Weak Country Economy, Recent Doping Issues.
- Advantages: Better proposal & plans when compared with 2016's bidding, City popularity a plus.
- Disadvantages: Already held olympics in 1964, Issue with Phukushiva Nuclear plant.
- Advantages: City is located at center of Asia and Europe, Not hosted Olympics yet.
- Disadvantages: Recent protests against Government.
How does the 2020 Election Process work? - Read
125th IOC Session kicks off in Buenos Aires - Read